Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fair Winds and Following Seas

I grew up in the home of a Navy Chaplain but had emerged from my youth somewhat disillusioned with ministry and the military.  Years later, when I discerned a clear call into a lifetime of ministry, military chaplaincy still seemed out of the question.  God had given me a deep passion for the lost of the world and specifically the lost of the inner cities of the world.  During and after attending seminary I was involved with a small church located in the heart of Los Angeles and entered into many years of fruitful ministry in the midst of a large immigrant community.

So how then did I find myself on Jan 3, 2010 on my face, getting screamed at by a senior chief at Officer Development School?  My journey has been a little different than most chaplains, I imagine.  Through this blog I hope to record that journey.  My prayer is that this record can be a valuable resource for others and a means of glorifying my ultimate Commanding Officer, Jesus Christ. 

I would be honored if you would join me on this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment